You called the other day. This might sound like a pointless bit of information but I do have a point. The question is, am I getting to it? (sound familiar? It should). YOu know what happened in that phone call. On your side anyway. This is what was happening on my side. OMgsh I just spent a whole minute trying to think of a way to cue the name change because usualy I use the first letter of the person's name but we're both K! THen I thought "hmm I'll just use initials but we have the same of THAT TOO!!! (ibviously:P) SO I finally decided:
kat: Sorry but I have to go finish shopping. I'll call ou another day ok?
ME (That's right, I get CAPCAPCAPS!!): It's ok. Bye then
kat: I love you
ME: Love you too
Yes, that's all fins and dandy but what you didn't notice - what you couldn't POSSIBLY have guessed - was that by the end of the conversation, it took all my self control to hold in the tears that were beginning to break through their bubble of safety. The moment I hung up however, the tears began to fall. Why? Because I realised that some of the things you said in that conversation had a lot more meaning than I think you intended.
So what brought this random burst of sensitivity you ask? Well I watched My Sister's KEeper on Sunday and it hit way too close to home. But I guess that watching it makes me feel like the biggest whinger because I'm not as bad off as I have a right to complain about. Love you lots!
kat: Sorry but I have to go finish shopping. I'll call ou another day ok?
ME (That's right, I get CAPCAPCAPS!!): It's ok. Bye then
kat: I love you
ME: Love you too
Yes, that's all fins and dandy but what you didn't notice - what you couldn't POSSIBLY have guessed - was that by the end of the conversation, it took all my self control to hold in the tears that were beginning to break through their bubble of safety. The moment I hung up however, the tears began to fall. Why? Because I realised that some of the things you said in that conversation had a lot more meaning than I think you intended.
So what brought this random burst of sensitivity you ask? Well I watched My Sister's KEeper on Sunday and it hit way too close to home. But I guess that watching it makes me feel like the biggest whinger because I'm not as bad off as I have a right to complain about. Love you lots!
Yours Truly,
Kyleen
Kyleen
No comments:
Post a Comment